Monday, May 4, 2015

April Wrap-up and May TBR

Hello all!

    Today, I will be doing my first monthly wrap-up and TBR! This is basically where I will shortly discuss the books I have read in the past month and then talk about the books I want to read in the next month (To Be Read = TBR). 

April Wrap-up

    1) Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas
    This is the third book in A Throne of Glass series, and if you haven't picked up this series yet, drop everything you are doing and go buy the first book (A Throne of Glass) right this second. I won't say too much, because at some point I want to do a review of this series, but please, do yourself a favor and read this series! 

Rating: 
5 out of 5 Cups of Tea




    2) The Shadow Cabinet by Maureen Johnson
    This is also the third in a series (The Shades of London series), and I was very excited to pick this one up. The second book ends on a bit of a cliffhanger and so I was excited to find out what happened. I was not disappointed! This book keeps you on your toes, and, as if the suspense isn't enough, it's downright creepy at times. Definitely worth getting the first in the series (The Name of the Star) if you haven't read it! 

Rating: 
4 out of 5 Cups of Tea


    3) The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness
    I did a book review on this one, which you can find here: Review: The Knife of Never Letting Go 

Rating: 
2.5 out of 5 Cups of Tea


    4) Fairest by Marissa Meyer
    This is a companion book in The Lunar Chronicles. It follows Queen Levana and her rise to power on Lunar. I'm a huge fan of this series, and so I was excited to get an inside look into the mind of the antagonist. It was a good read, but not my favorite of the series. If you're a fan of this series, I would definitely look into getting this book! If you're not reading this series, go buy Cinder and fall in love with it. 

Rating: 
4 out of 5 Cups of Tea

May TBR

    I will be finishing up my second year of university this month, along with two visits from my parents, and mid-terms, so I'm aiming to read four books and one manga, but realistically, only three or four of these will probably be read. 
    1) The Tragedy Paper by Elizabeth Laban

    I have had this book for a little over a year, and when I got it, I was very excited to read it. I had heard such good things about it, but somehow it kept getting shifted farther and farther down my TBR pile. I'm actually currently reading this one, and I'm really enjoying it so far. I think it's going to be a good, emotional read. I've heard it get compared to Thirteen Reasons Why and Looking for Alaska, both of which I love! Hopefully it lives up to the hype I've heard.

    2) The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
    I have had this book for such a long time. I'm pretty sure I recieved it as a gift from my dad when I was little, but I just never read it (Sorry, Daddy). I'm finally going to read it though! Hopefully I like it!
    3) All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
    I have heard both good and bad things about this book, and I know it's been really big in the booklr and booktube world since its release. Because I'm limiting myself on how many books I can buy, I've had to wait to get it, but I am looking forward to finally reading it! 

    4) A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness 
    I have no idea why I bought this book. I guess it looked good when I got it, but that was like a year or so ago. It was never at the top of my list to read, and I'm not sure when I thought I was going to want to read this over all the other books I have. I've decided to give it a go this month, though. I'm hoping I end up liking it. 

    5) Alice in the Country of Hearts, Volume 1 by QuinRose and Soumei Hoshino

    I picked this up this weekend, because one of the books I have to check off for my book challenge is a graphic novel. I know this is a manga and not a graphic novel, but I'm not entirely sure what the difference is, and so I have made the executive decision to count it. I'm hoping I enjoy it!

    Have you read any of these? Did you like any of my April books as much as I did? Will I enjoy the books on my May TBR? Let me know by leaving a comment and don't forget to follow! 

        Your Pemberley Reader,
              Acacia

No comments :

Post a Comment