Monday, January 25, 2016

Most Anticipated 2016 Book Releases

1) Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard (February 9)
book review, book blog, reading, read, books, library, literature, ireadya, red queen, glass sword, victoria aveyard

This is the sequel to Red Queen, which was a book I read last year. You can find my review for it here. The second book follows Mare Barrow as her adventure continues while on the run from the man who betrayed her and is now hunting for her. I'm excited for just as many twists and turns as the first!

2) The Girl from Everywhere by Heidi Heilig (February 16)
book review, book blog, reading, read, books, library, literature, ireadya, the girl from everywhere, heidi heilig, time travel
This novel has time travel, deals with grief, and apparently has beautifully crafter characters. To put it mildly, I can not wait for this. There are not enough time travel books, especially not time travel books in which characters can go whenever and wherever they want. I'm hoping that this will be a complex novel about what crazy things we will do for love. Also... that cover, you guys. That cover.

3) A Gathering of Shadows by V. E. Schwab (February 23)
book review, book blog, reading, read, books, library, literature, ireadya, a darker shade of magic, v.e.schwab, a gathering of shadows
This is the sequel to A Darker Shade of Magic, which was basically my favorite book I read last year. You can read a full review of that, here. If you love fantasy, magic, amazing characters, complex narratives, and beautiful writing, you will love this series and author. Please read the first, so that you can be just as excited for this next novel as I am!

4) The Forbidden Orchid by Sharron Biggs Waller (March 8)
book review, book blog, reading, read, books, library, literature, ireadya, sharon biggs waller, the forbidden orchid,
Okay, so I really don't actually care what this one is about. (I did look it up, and it's about a girl who goes on an adventure with her father to find a rare orchid that could save their family from debt and prison.) Waller's A Mad, Wicked Folly was one of the best books I read in 2015. It was amazing. I actually think I want to reread it soon so I can do a proper review of it (Which is saying something, because I don't reread books very often.). The writing and the story were both beautiful, as were the characters, and I just can not wait for more from this author.

5) This Is Where the World Ends by Amy Zhang (March 22)
book review, book blog, reading, read, books, library, literature, ireadya, this is where the world ends, amy zhang, falling into place,
Let me tell you a few things about Amy Zhang: 1) her first novel, Falling into Place, is one of my favorite books ever, 2) her writing is beautiful, 3) her mastery over narrative and storytelling is breathtaking, and 4) her debut novel was first published when she was ... wait for it... only 18 years old. Seriously, she's one of my favorite authors, and I am so glad that there is more to come from her!

6) Love, Lies, and Spies by Cindy Anstey (April 19)
book review, book blog, reading, read, books, library, literature, ireadya, love lies and spies, cindy anstey
So, I just stumbled across this one a few days ago, and now I can't wait for it to come out. It follows a science-loving young girl in the 19th century who is sent to London for the season. She has no intention of find a husband though, but instead furthering the reach of her scientific research. Then she meets a man who is also too busy to be looking for a wife, and the two form a plan to court each other, you know, just to get everyone off their backs about falling in love. We all know where this is going to lead, right? Right. All boarding The Cuteness Express, please! I can't wait for this one!

7) The Rose and the Dagger by Renee Ahdieh (May 3)
book review, book blog, reading, read, books, library, literature, ireadya, the wrath and the dawn, renee ahdieh, the rose and the dagger,
This is the sequel to Ahdieh's The Wrath and Dawn, which is a new take on A Thousand and One Nights. After the cliff-hanger ending of the last novel, I'm looking forward to see where all the characters are going to end up. Hopefully this one is just as intriguing and breathtaking as the first.

8) Futhermore by Tahereh Mafi (August 30)
book review, book blog, reading, read, books, library, literature, ireadya, tahereh mafi, furthermore, shatter me, unravel me, ignite me,
Tahereh Mafi, author of the amazing Shatter Me series, is coming out with a new series. I repeat, TAHEREH MAFI IS COMING OUT WITH A NEW SERIES. I'm a bit excited.... Mafi's writing is beautiful and so poetic. I'm truly looking forward to what new things she does with this series, especially since its a middle grade novel. Hopefully its as fun, adventurous, and intense as the Shatter Me series.

9) Untitled by Sarah J. Maas (September 6)
book review, book blog, reading, read, books, library, literature, ireadya, sarah j maas, throne of glass, crown of midnight, queen of shadows, a court of thorns and roses

I know what you're thinking, "Acacia, this is an untitled book with no cover. How can you be excited about this?" Yes, yes. I know. But SARAH J. MAAS! You know, author of MY FAVORITE SERIES EVER.... Okay, I promised I wouldn't do this again... Deep breath...  So, The Throne of Glass series is amazing and crazy intense and if you haven't picked it up yet, go NOW. NOW. GO READ IT AND THE NEXT THREE BOOKS AND THE PREQUEL AND LOVE EVERY WORD. Then come back here and you will understand why I love this series and these characters and this world so much. Okay? Okay.

10) Heartless by Marissa Meyer (November 8)
book review, book blog, reading, read, books, library, literature, ireadya, heartless, marissa meyer, cinder, scarlter, the lunar chronicles

Oh yeah, and then there's this! You guys know Marissa Meyer, right? I went on and on about her last year and her amazing series The Lunar Chronicles, which is a sci-fi retelling of classic fairytales. Its amazing. Well, now she's doing it again with a new series focusing on the world of Alice in Wonderland, specifically the Queen of Hearts. Did you just squeal as loud as I did? No? You obviously need to go read her first books then. Do that, and then you'll understand.

Well, that's it for my top 10 most anticipated books of 2016. Are there any books you're looking forward to this year? Let me know in the comments!

Your Pemberley Reader,
Acacia

No comments :

Post a Comment