Thursday, July 30, 2015

Most Anticipated YA Releases Still To Come in 2015

Well, we're almost through July now, and my TBR rules have been going well. I'm still sticking to my "read two-buy one" rule, and though I haven't been buying as many books as I usually do because of this, I've still been keeping my eyes open for new books I want. Adding onto the insane list of books already out that I want to buy are the following ten books. These are my most anticipated YA releases that will be released in the coming months. Bear with me, as I may get a little excited about... well... all of them.

10) Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon (September 1, 2015)

First, this cover. Just look at what a beautiful job they did on this cover. It's simple, but still intriguing and elegant. I can not wait to have it on my shelves! Second, I have heard nothing but good things about this book so far. It is a contemporary romance about a girl who is basically allergic to the world. How does a girl allergic to everything and confined to her house fall in love? I don't know, but I want to find out!

9) Never Always Sometimes by Adi Alsaid (August 4, 2015)

I read Alsaid's Let's Get Lost at some point in the last year, and though I don't remember being head over heels in love with it, I remember enjoying it. I'm excited to see something else from him. Never Always Sometimes is another contemporary romance about two high school best friends who have sworn off a bunch of "cliche" high school experiences until they're about to graduate and realize that maybe they've been missing out on some pretty great stuff, like falling in love. It sounds cute, and I'm excited to read it!

8) Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff (October 20, 2015)

Okay, this book just looks really cool. I'm not even sure what it's about, but a bunch of people on booktube got it at BookCon and have been showing off the really cool ARCs they got. The ARCs don't even look like ARCs, you guys. The book doesn't read like a normal book, either, but has entirely blacked out pages and pages written in what looks like code and emails and texts. It looks really different and really cool.


7) Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard: The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan (October 6, 2015)

If you haven't read the Percy Jackson series yet, stop what you're doing and go get it. Riordan is hilarious. He's appealing to 12 years olds (how old I was when I started reading his books) and 20+ year olds (how old I am reading him now). His casts of characters are some of the best you can ask for, and his books are the perfect mix of adventure, romance, and laughter. I am so excited to start this new series of his!


6) Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray (August 25, 2015)

This is book two in The Diviners Series, and it has been highly anticipated for three years now! The first book was full of 20's references, great fun, and, of course, the supernatural. Libba Bray, one of my favorite authors, has created yet another amazing series, and I am so excited to get my hands on this next book!





5) Carry On by Rainbow Rowell (October 6, 2015)

I talked about this novel in this month's Author Spotlight, and I'm pretty sure I was just as pumped for it a few weeks ago as I am now. I can't wait for this book to come out, you guys. For one thing, it's Rainbow Rowell. Everything she writes is gold and makes you feel all the feels. Secondly, gay protagonists in a fantasy book? Yes, yes, yes! I'm so excited for this; you guys have no idea.


4) Ten Thousand Skies Above You by Claudia Gray (November 3, 2015)
Again, cover shoutout! This is the second book in the Firebird series, and these covers are so beautiful they make me want to cry. (If they ever randomly swap these covers for new ones half way through the series - that's right I'm calling you out, publishers- I will just die.) Secondly, if you're one, who like me, sometimes is disappointed by the books you buy solely for looks (You certainly can judge a book by it's cover, okay?), than this is the perfect series for you, because these beautiful covers hold a beautiful, well crafted, imaginative, amazing novel that will leave you thinking about the story for days after finishing it. I am, needless to say, going to be at the nearest bookstore the day this book comes out.

3) Library of Souls by Ransom Riggs (September 22, 2015)

This is the third book in the Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children Series, and I am so excited that this is coming out that I will probably faint when I finally have it in my hands. These books are beautifully designed, both the writing and the actual book itself. I just love everything about this series and its author, and I'm so excited for this next installment. Also, if you haven't heard, the first in this series is getting turned into a movie by Tim Burton. That should give you some indication as to how amazing this series is!  Seriously, if you haven't read it, go pick it up!

2) Winter by Marissa Meyer (November 10, 2015)

What do you mean this series is ending?! I'm going to go cry an entire ocean now. Oh man, you guys, I don't think I'm ready for how amazing this book is going to be. I've been reading this series for a few years now, and I've just got to say that this is one of the best fairy tale retellings that I have ever read and probably ever will read. I just can't believe it's ending. I'm so excited for this book to come out, but I'm so, so not looking forward to it ending. 

1) Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas (September 1, 2015)


(THIS SERIES IS AMAZING, AND YOU NEED TO READ IT! )This is the fourth book in the Throne of Glass series. It is a retelling of Cinderella with the best female protagonist in YA fiction, period. Maas is a cut-throat author who you can not trust to keep characters alive or to keep romances burning, and it makes for an amazing reading experience. (THIS IS MY FAVORITE YA SERIES AND THE NEXT BOOK IS COMING OUT AND I NEED IT NOW. NOW.) If you're interested in epic adventures, characters who can beat you up in two seconds flat with little to no mercy, and one of the most well crafted plots in YA fiction today, pick up this series and binge-read the first three books before this next books comes out. You will not be sorry! (THE ENTIRE WORLD WILL HEAR THE SQUEALS RELEASED FROM MY MOUTH ONCE I HAVE THIS BOOK IN MY POSSESSION.) Just one more month and I'll be able to read about what happens next in this awesome series! (ONE MORE MONTH!)

Just... uh... ignore what happened there in that last paragraph. My inner fangirl got loose from her cage and may have taken over for a few seconds. *deep breaths* Well, I hope you all enjoyed this list, and I hope you're just as excited for these as I am! If there is a series on this list that you haven't read, please check it out. I promise each series on this list is worth both the money and the time you'll spend reading.

Since it's the end of the month, I'll be having an extra blog post tomorrow to wrap-up July's reading. So, I will you see you all tomorrow! 

Your Pemberley Reader,
Acacia 

No comments :

Post a Comment